Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Don't Want to Excercise Today...

I have no idea why but I really did not feel like exercising today.  Normally I'd give myself the day off and take it as the rest day for the week.  The problem with that is I didn't exercise yesterday either and Sunday was a light day.  Since I'm not sick and there's no real reason I can't exercise I played Let's Make a Deal.  I would do a 10 minute exercise video and then go from there.

I periodically change the rules of Let's Make a Deal to suit my needs for the day.  Today I had to do the 10 minute total body workout and then I could either stop if I was exhausted, go on to do more strength training or just pick a fun cardio workout to do.  This way I know I tried and I could stop at any time.

I felt really good after the total body so I kept going.  I did Bootylicious Buns 3, which has a silly name but has me gasping for air and rubbing out my glutes, and then an arm & upper body workout.  I followed it up with 25 minutes of Yoga to the Rescue to stretch out my sore spots.

Pretty good for someone who didn't want to workout.  I know it's easy to talk yourself out of exercise, I had some really good excuses for years.  But now I know I just feel better when I give it a go.  In all the years I've been playing Let's Make a Deal I've only stopped about 3 times.  I don't regret stopping, my body couldn't handle it and needed the rest more than it needed to be pushed.  Then again 3 times in about 13 years really doesn't add up to much.

How do you get yourself motivated when you would rather log some couch time?

Email me at janinemchale@empoweredplate.com to discuss this further or if you are looking for some support during this holiday season.  You can also visit my website:  http://empoweredplate.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment