Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kind of Bummed so I Made Truffles

I'm kind of bummed and not be these very yummy truffles.  Two of my favorite sites have closed.  One has "reinvented itself" and I'm not sure I really like the new format.  The other sent out it's daily email as usual and then this afternoon sent a goodbye email.  No warning, just thanks but we're closing the doors here.  Weird to not even make it to the end of the month.

I know it's hard to keep things going.  Getting new ideas and keeping things fresh on a daily basis is sometimes trying.  I just can't help but think there's still more that can be explored and more stories to tell. Truth be told, the site that folded is one I get some of the ideas I share on Facebook and Pinterest.  I will still have healthy bits to share but I'll have to broaden my scope of where I find them.  That's a good thing for me and who ever reads these items.

One of my recent findings is Chocolate Covered Katie, a vegan healthy dessert blog.  I've made several things and the chocoholic that I'm married to has no clue the treats are vegan until I tell him.  The chocolate chip muffins with garbanzo beans were a hit (no taste of bean at all), as were the Fudge Daddy silken tofu brownies.  Honestly, I could have eaten the pan myself.  Have I piqued your interest?  I tinkered with her Girl Scout Cookie Truffle and the recipe is below.

Chocolate Girl Scout Cookie Truffle
Recipe based on Girl Scout Cookie Truffle by Chocolate Covered Katie
http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

1/2 c pitted dates (packed)
2 Tbs unsweetened coconut shreds
1 Tbs raw cacao or unsweetened coco powder
1 Tbs coconut milk or 2 tsp coconut oil
1 Tbs chocolate chips
1 dash vanilla
1 pinch of salt

Put the items into the food processor and blend until mostly smooth.  Roll into balls and you can garnish with a few extra chocolate chips.  I made 8 small truffles.

Do you want to live a more energetic & vibrant life?  Then send me an email, janinemchale@empoweredplate.com and we together we will create a plan that works just for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment