Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Some Days I Just Don't Feel It

Today was one of those days:  I've been exercising pretty intensely the past few days, today was very warm in the house and I've been doing school work most of the day.  Generally sitting for a while has me anxious to move, today not so much.  I would really rather have sat and read my new book.

I was also feeling a little out of sorts and a little sad.  That is really what got me up off the couch, I like to increase my endorphins and boost my mood naturally.  I honored the tiredness my body was feeling though and stuck to a Pilates mat workout.  My abs and legs definitely felt the work, I wasn't gasping for air and concentrating so hard on form keeps me from being blue.

After I finish working out I never think, wow, I wish I hadn't done that.  I have sat on the couch at night and felt badly when I haven't worked out.  I look at it this way, I can always stop if I don't feel well or if I am in pain.  ( And you should always stop if you feel sharp or intense pain)!  Today I said hello to a few muscles I haven't visited this week but overall it felt good.  My mood is better and I'm ready to take the dog for her pre-dinner walk.

What do you regret when you don't do it?

Do you need help getting motivated?  Send me an email and together we can figure out a plan works for you, janinemchale@empoweredplate.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment