Friday, May 4, 2012

What Food Plan Has You Feeling Your Best?

The other day a colleague of mine posted a link to an interview with a woman who was in her 70's, looked much younger and was a raw foodist.  I immediately thought of Mimi Kirk, who was voted sexiest vegan over 70, but it was another woman.  She really did look amazing and attributed her good health to eating raw.

Now my friend was not promoting a raw diet, she simply thought it was interesting and food for thought.  It started an interesting conversation and then someone took offense and started attacking the "science" behind it.  I know we all believe we need to eat certain things to stay healthy but I don't think we can all eat the same way.  We're all different and what works for those very lovely women does not work for me.  I don't do well on a raw food diet, my digestive track gets overwhelmed. 

I know healthy vegans, vegetarians, paleo diet followers, carnivores and raw foodists.  I know unhealthy vegans, vegetarinas and carnivores.  (I don't know of unhealthy raw foodists or paleo diet followers but I'm sure they exist).  The point is to find what works for you and to feed your body the healthiest form of that plan.  I eat a mostly plant based diet but I'm flexible.  I eat what my body tells me it needs.  And, yes, sometimes my body really wants a cupcake and it gets it. 

Even if you're not into the thought of a raw food diet, some salad and other raw fruits and vegetables are good to incorporate into your diet.  A meal without meat once in a while will do no harm to you, nor will skipping your vegetables once in a while.  It's your overall diet that you need to pay attention to.  Remember:  you're feeding your future self too.  Do you want to be on the sidelines or the spry sexy senior citizen? 

Looking for other points of view and to uncover your inner goddess?  You've got all the tools you need for greatness, you just may need to uncover them.  Sign up for Transformational Truths Teleconference, it's free and it starts May 12.  I'm the speaker for May 15 and I'd love to hear your feedback.  To sign up visit:  http://www.transformationaltruths.com/.


No comments:

Post a Comment