Thursday, May 17, 2012

New Healthy Treats and a Video

I received an invitation for a discounted membership for Bestowed, a monthly delivery of healthy treats.  It promised 5 items picked by a nutritionist each month and ideas on what to pair the snacks with.  I am always on the lookout for healthy treats for myself and to recommend to my clients.  (I don't recommend what I haven't tasted).

I received my first delivery the other day.  It came quicker than the promised delivery date which made me very happy.  I love good service so points there.  There were 5 items but one was an exercise video, which I thought was interesting.

The box included the following:

An organic vanilla bean shake by Orgain which I have not yet tried.  I thought it would be good to have before a run when I didn't have time for a full breakfast.

Nature's Path Smart Bran Cereal - A full sized box arrived and it's a healthier take on Fiber One cereal.  I like Nature's Path because they are committed to being organic and not using any GMOs.  It's one of the few brands of cereal that I buy.

479 Popcorn - black truffle and white cheddar - You have to like truffles to enjoy this, it has a very earthy flavor.  Happily, I enjoy that and it's a satisfying savory snack.  (say that three times fast).


The Nutty Bean Co. Chick Pz - sesame crunch - I've never had sweetened dried chick peas so these were interesting.  I love the savory variety and didn't know what to make of these at first.  Then I realized they tasted like the sesame/honey candies and I liked them.  They are on the sweeter side so I've not had a full serving at once but I do like them.

Lastly and what turns out to be my favorite "treat" - Physique47 Express 30-Minute Full Body Workout dvd
Love this!  It was described as "not only fun, invigorating and incredibly intense but produces visible results in as few as 8 workouts."  Yes, it was fun, invigorating and intense.  I'll have to let you know what I see after 8 workouts. Today I feel it in my glutes, legs and abs and I work out regularly!  I now want to try the 57 minute workout.

So far I am happy I signed up for this box.  The dvd alone is worth $25 and I paid just $12.50 with my discount! (it is normally $15 which I feel is still a good deal).

What are your favorite healthy snacks?  Do you have a favorite go-to workout?

Send me an email,  janinemchale@empoweredplate.com, if you would like help figuring out better foods to eat or how to start an exercise routine.  Together we can come up with a plan tailored just for you.  You can also visit my website, http://empoweredplate.com/.



No comments:

Post a Comment