Friday, March 23, 2012

What Brings You Joy?

That which brings you joy is something you are more likely to practice on a regular basis.  I love dancing, it's so freeing and expressive.  I am not the next great dancer but I enjoy it none the less.  It doesn't feel like exercise to me, it's just fun.  Is it exercise?  Heck yeah.  I am high energy and my heart rate goes up.
Hah, you thought I was going to say running didn't you?  I do enjoy running and miss it when I'm not able to do it.  Dancing is definitely my fall back though, I've been dancing since I was a child.  My mom would put records on and we would dance together.  When ever I'm tired of what ever exercise I'm currently doing I dance.  I load up the ipod or put a good cd on and off I go.  It brings back good memories and, at the same time, lets me do my own thing.  Plus, I get to choose what music I want to hear and that also lifts my mood.  That's a big bonus.

I know plenty of people who have an unused gym membership.  Why give your hard earned money away if you don't like going to the gym?  There are plenty of things you can do without a gym membership.  You can workout at home, the park or find a class that excites you.  To keep it consistant find someone who will hold you accountable.  That could be a workout partner, a friend or a coach.  Someone who will say," hey - how's the dancing, fencing, tennis, etc. going?"

What is your bliss? 

Need help being accountable?  Send me an email, janinemchale@empoweredplate.com, and we can set up a time to chat and see if I'm the one to help you.

 Have a fantastic weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment