Monday, March 19, 2012

Time for Spring Cleaning

I was never one much for a cleanse.  I figured my body knew what to do and didn't really need much help from me.  I also like to eat and not chewing for a few days was not something I was going to do voluntarily.  Then I was introduced to cleansing via foods, whole foods that a person could eat three times a day.  It would give the body a rest from allergens, rev up the metabolism, help me shed a few pounds, get my eating back on track and I was intrigued. 

So why does the body need a break?  You may have a pretty clean diet but still breathe in toxins from the air or absorb them through your largest organ, the skin, if your water isn't filtered.  Maybe you drink socially, have a lot of caffeine, eat sugary treats or just a few too many healthy treats.  It could be that you're having a little too much pasta, bread, potatoes or cheese.  Many of our convenience foods have ingredients that our bodies do not recognize as food and they confuse our system.

A cleanse is not a fast.  It's more of a rejuvenation and a reminder to feed your body what it really needs and not just what you are craving.  It's something I like to do in the spring and the fall, a sort of prep for the upcoming seasons.  It's especially great in the spring when we're prone to congestion.  Clean foods have a way of helping congestion leave the body. 

I am leading a 5 and 10 day cleanse beginning April 16.  You will have daily support, recipes, instructions for what do pre and post cleanse, as well as instructions for the cleanse itself.  Please email me at janinemchale@empoweredplate.com if you are interested and I will send you the details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment