Friday, October 12, 2012

Feeling Sluggish, Tired, or Out of Sorts? Try A Cleanse.



I'm in the process of moving my blog to WordPress.  I'll post the link next week when it's all ready.

Baked Butternut SquashI’m a foodie and in autumn I think of warm and grounding foods.  Foods that are a bit heavier and more satisfying than what I ate throughout the summer months. Butternut squash, pumpkin and asparagus all come to mind right now.  I’m thinking cinnamon and ginger.
I enjoy eating so I used to kind of dread the word cleanse, to me it brought up fasting, not chewing and pain.  But then I discovered whole food cleansing and realized that I could do this.  I could eat delicious seasonal meals that were simple, still sexy, and still reset my eating habits
So why does the body need a break?  You may have a pretty clean diet but still breathe in toxins from the air or absorb them through your largest organ, the skin, if your water isn’t filtered.  Maybe you drink socially, have a lot of caffeine, eat sugary treats or just a few too many healthy treats.  It could be that you’re having a little too much pasta, bread, potatoes or cheese.  Many of our convenience foods have ingredients that our bodies do not recognize as food and they confuse our system.
It might be that you’re stuck in a rut and not sure of what your next step should be.  Your imagination could be blocked and shutting down your creativity.  If you find yourself irritable and not really sure why you might want to give a cleanse a try.
A cleanse is not a fast.  It’s more of a rejuvenation and a reminder to feed your body what it really needs and not just what you are craving.  It’s something I like to do, especially in the spring and the fall, a sort of prep for the upcoming seasons.  In the autumn we are prepping for winter, clearing congestion out so our immune system is in top form and can resist colds and flu.
Think this is something you would like to do?  I am offering a seasonal cleanse that includes:
Daily email support
An information packet that lets you know what to do before, during and after the cleanse
A recipe booklet full of seasonal recipes
Intrigued? Click here for more information  http://tinyurl.com/fallcleanse
For a simple butternut squash side dish:  cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.  Place in a baking dish with 1/2 cup of water and cover.  Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes. Make it sexy:  sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.  Use the left overs in place of pumpkin for a smoothie.
Ingredients:
1/2 c canned or fresh roasted pumpkin
1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 large banana
1 -2 tsp maple syrup (omit and it’s cleanse friendly)
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or more to taste)
2 Tbs ground flax-seed
ice
Directions:
Blend all ingredients until smooth, enjoy!
Serves 1

No comments:

Post a Comment