Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Weight Loss in the News - Again...

I had the news on briefly and the headline was: Weight Loss is acheived through cutting of calories, it doesn't matter what foods you eat. I can't tell you how crazy that makes me. Yes, it's true: cutting calories will help you lose weight, no matter what those calories are. The real points to consider are: Will you keep the weight off? Will you feel your best? Are you going to be hungry or looking for snacks?

I could eat a donut and have coffee or soda every morning for breakfast. I'd be in the calorie guideline for a morning meal. And by 10:30 a.m. I would have a raging sugar crash going on and be looking to eat more and have more coffee. Not really how I want to spend my morning. I'm far more productive when I'm on an even keel. For me this means: a veggie egg scramble with whole grain toast, oatmeal with nuts and fruit or a smoothie made with fruit, greens, almond butter and unsweetened almond milk. Your go-to healthy filling breakfast may look a little different. It just needs to keep you satisfied and powered up to face the day.

Similarly I could eat a carb laden lunch and fall into a food coma afterward. I'm sure that's just what every boss wants to see in her employee! Then comes the need for coffee to stay awake and get through the rest of the day. It's a vicious cycle of energy crashes and quick "fixes."

I am suggesting that you can lose weight, eat foods you enjoy and have energy for the things you have to do as well as the things you need to do. There isn't one magic solution that works for everyone but everyone has a formula that works for her. It doesn't have to be about deprivation (which never works for long anyway) but it should be about feeling great.

Leave a comment and let me know what works for you?

If you need help in figuring that question out please send me an email at janinemchale@empoweredplate.com or visit my webstie at: http://empoweredplate.com/.  I am happy to help you find out what foods will help you feel and look your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment