Monday, April 18, 2011

Meditation

Do you meditate?  I try to meditate.  I was doing a short meditation each night for about a week or two.  My mind wanders quite a bit and I have to bring myself back to the breath quite often.  I've tried seated meditation and counting my breaths.  I've tried walking meditation, which I liked.  I bought a meditation cd  set by a renowned leader.  The first cd was helpful and I felt really good after it.  Once I stopped listening to the mouth noises she makes and she makes a lot of them.  You can see how my mind just takes off and I'm reeling it back in.  I didn't love the second cd.  Okay, the part I listened to made absolutely no sense to me and I found myself getting aggitated and speaking back to the cd.  Not really how meditation should go.  I did not feel good afterwards.

So what's the resistance?  Is it the sitting still?  The trying to quiet the mind?  Not wanting to hear what my innermost voice has to say?  Could be that it's all of it.  I'm going to keep trying.  There is a form that will work for me and I plan on finding it.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment